Take the bought puff pastry bits left over from a pie, or whatever and
use them up so simply to create 'naughty little nibblers'. . . . . . like this:
Gently scrunch up the left over bits and pieces in your warm hands, into a soft pliable dough - roll it out very thinly.
Use pastry cutter (any kind you have - round, fluted?), and cut out as many as you can, do the same again with new 'bits'.
- Oil a 'cup cake' tray (don't know the technical cooking term which it probably has) the ones with about 12 little scoop-outs. Place the cut out pastry circles into the bottom of each one - they will look a bit lost but that's O.K.
- into the bottom of each one place a single hot/sweet Red Jalapenos -(in photo) OR -
- a little knob of chutney, or sour cranberry jam, dried tomatoes or anything you fancy & have that goes with cheese! (I've tried olives & pesto too).
- Grate some mature cheese - very tasty is best - little left-over end bits are good! pile onto the pastry & little filling so it is well proud of its allocated indent on the tray (bits over the edge, frizzle up in the oven and taste the best! - nothing gets wasted).
- Set oven at 200c, put tray in middle and cook for 10-15 mins - ready when bubbling and a bit singed! cool a bit before 'wiggling' out with a sharp knife.
- cool on wire rack
- See how long it takes to eat them!